Quiet Eye Solutions software features:
- simple and powerful user interface built for efficient set-up and coding
- solution to synchronizing coupled gaze and motor video data (works with all eye trackers, example ASL eye tracker, now Argus Science LLC)
- calculates fixations, pursuit tracking and saccades relative to motor phases of action
- calculates the "Quiet Eye", shown by research to be an objective indicator of performance
- data file *.csv format opens in excel and a wide variety of statistical packages
- manual includes: full documentation of features, plus gaze and motor coding rules defined by existing eye
movement and motor control research. Tips on data collection and getting started with statistical analysis.
- opens a variety of media, .avi recommended
- frame rate detected automatically and calculations adjusted for:
NTSC (North America, Japan) 29.97fps, PAL (Europe, Australia) 25fps
- Windows only, including Windows on Apple MacBook Pro
with Windows installed
Please read before using Quiet Eye Solutions
QES was developed between 2003 and 2010, originally under Windows XP.
Important known compatibility issues include:
Later versions of Windows automatically store project files "Info.qes" and data files eg. "YourData.csv" in the following hidden location:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\Quiet Eye Solutions
Windows 10 causes an error in file input which causes text to be repeated if these files are left in the default location.
"Info.qes" must remain in it's default location. It can be edited using Notepad to delete repeated lines.
It is important that you save "YourData.csv" to a different location such as "My Documents/Projects" to prevent this issue.
Item 1. above can be resolved by another method. Open "QuietEyeSolutions.exe" in Compatibility Mode.
Find "QuietEyeSolutions.exe" in the folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Quiet Eye Solutions
Right click on it. Select: Properties > Compatibility > Compatibility Mode > Check: Run this program in compatibility mode for: > Select: Windows XP(Service Pack 3)
Complete compatibility notes will be updated in the user manual. It is not as complicated as it looks, but this issue must be dealt with.